Following a fatty liver diet is one of the best ways to get rid of fatty liver problems, but what is fatty liver?
Does it mean that your liver has been eating too many French fries, or that it has put on extra weight?
There are many causes of fatty liver that you need to know about, as well as the liver problem symptoms that you need to beware of.
On this page you will learn all about having a healthy liver diet, how to deal with fatty liver problems, what the difference is between alcohol fatty liver and regular fatty liver problems, what some great liver supplements are, and which of the fatty liver treatments might be recommended for you.
The Two Different Causes of Fatty Liver
Before we learn about what the disease is, let’s find out what some of the fatty liver causes are.
There are two basic types of fatty liver problems:
- 1. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver
When you have non-alcoholic fatty liver, it basically means that a lot of fat cells have gravitated towards the liver.
The liver is like a magnet that attracts all the junk in the body, but too much junk can cause problems.
Too much fat in the body can affect the liver negatively, especially if you are overweight, have diabetes, have high cholesterol levels, are pregnant, or take strong medications that affect your liver negatively.
- 2. Alcoholic Fatty Liver
When you drink too much alcohol, the toxins in the booze will basically poison your liver. Usually it takes a lot of alcohol to cause the problem, but many people drink far more alcohol than they should.
You may also develop this kind of alcoholic fatty liver if you are overweight, have a poor diet, get too much iron in your diet, and have Hepatitis C.
Adding the alcohol is basically the last straw that will break your camel’s (the liver) back.
Top Fatty Liver Symptom Signs
So, if you aren’t careful with your liver and you cause one of these kinds of fatty liver problems to develop, what are the symptoms that you have fatty liver disorder?
As with all symptoms of liver problems, you can bet that they will be pretty visible, such as:
- Fatigue – The fact that your liver is responsible for filtering all the junk out of your bloodstream means that your body just won’t work as well with fatty liver disorder, as the liver is so busy trying to get rid of the fat that it can’t filter out the rest of the toxins and chemicals that go around the body causing mischief.
- Pain in your stomach – If you have fatty liver disease, it may cause your liver to swell up.
Your liver is the second largest organ in your body, and inflammation of your liver can be quite painful. The pain will usually be in the upper right side of your abdomen.
- Weight loss – This is not the good kind of weight loss, as your body is having trouble processing all the foods and is therefore retaining very few nutrients.
It is important to keep an eye out for these symptoms, as they can be an indication that your liver is having trouble.
The Importance of a Healthy Liver Diet, A Fatty Liver Diet
What happens if you don’t try following a fatty liver diet or healthy liver diet to get rid of all the junk clogging up your liver?
Well, did you know that your liver is one of the most important organs in your body? Most people think of the heart, stomach, and brain as the three most important organs, and they certainly serve functions you cannot live without.
However, the same goes for the liver…
The liver is the part of the body that deals with all the toxins, chemicals, cholesterol, fat cells, and other random particles of junk in your body.
If you don’t take steps to clean up your liver and get rid of the fatty cells, your liver will stop filtering all the junk from your body as it tries to clean itself up.
This means that all the bad stuff floating around your body will stay there, and that is when things start getting messy.
Toxins and chemicals can cause serious damage to your skin, your stomach, your heart, your brain, and pretty much every other organ in your body. If you don’t take steps to get rid of the toxins, you may find that your entire system is shutting down.
The healthy liver diet helps to get rid of the toxins that could be causing problems, and thus ensures that your liver returns to normal function. The diet is designed to flush your liver of all the fatty cells, thus freeing it up to go back to work cleaning all of the junk out of your body.
Following a healthy liver diet is so important for the simple reason that your body desperately needs the clean up services provided by the liver.
Try a Liver Detox Diet for a Natural Liver Detox
If you want to try a great liver detox diet, there are many options out there on the internet for you.
The Master Cleanse is one such diet, as is the Raw Food Diet and the Fat Flush Diet. However, these e-books are not free, so trying a free liver cleansing diet like a natural liver detox might be the way to go first.
What does the natural liver detox involve? Basically, this is a seven day diet in which you only eat and drink certain foods.
Let’s take a look at the free liver cleansing diet plan:
- Day 1: Cut back your food intake to only eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. They can be eaten cooked or raw, though raw foods are always better.
- Days 2 – 4: Drink only liquids, including water, natural or homemade fruit juice, vegetable shakes, and teas. This liquid diet will infuse your body with liquids that help to flush out all the junk in your body, as well as lots of fiber that soak up the fat cells and send them out the digestive tract’s waste disposal system. (You are going to feel tired and cranky these days, as your body is detoxifying. It will get better once these days have passed.)
- Days 5 and 6: During these two days, start adding a bit more solid food to your diet, though only in the form of raw fruits and vegetables. Rather than just drinking liquids, you are now giving your stomach solid foods to help it get adjusted to eating again.
- Day 7: Eat only raw foods and cooked vegetables during this day, as it will help your stomach to get used to all the enzymes in cooked foods again.
This healthy liver diet is not an easy one, as your body will go through some pretty tough stuff as it gets rid of all the toxins.
Expect to have headaches the first three days, be very hungry, feel angry and short tempered, and have very little energy.
But don’t worry, as it is just your body getting rid of all the junk that is clogging it up. Once you pass the diet, you will feel great and will have restored normal function to your liver again.
Your Fatty Liver Diet Plan for Fatty Liver Problems
So now that you have gone through the natural liver detox diet, what comes next?
After you have detoxed your liver, it’s time to try a fatty liver diet for fatty liver disease.
While you have gotten rid of most of the fatty cells surrounding your liver, don’t think for a moment that they will hesitate to clump up again if you start eating the wrong foods. It is important to eat the right foods to ensure your liver stays free and clear of fatty cells.
So what should be included in your fatty liver diet for fatty liver disease and fatty liver problems?
- The thing that you should eat most is fruits and vegetables, as they contain lots of fiber that will get rid of the fat cells.
However, they should always be raw fruits and veggies, not canned, processed, or frozen. The fresher it is, the better.
- You should also try to get lots of whole grains, and avoid processed or refined grain and wheat products.
Remember that the processed foods are the ones that contain no nutrients, but the whole grains have all kinds of great stuff that will help to get rid of the fatty liver problems.
- Try and avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine as much as possible, as they are fairly strong substances that can harm your liver even further.
- Advise with you doctor to perhaps try to cut back on your use of medications, particularly strong antibiotics or prescription medications.
- Drink lots of water, tea, and healthy juices made at home. These liquids will continue to flush out your system which will continue the healing process and help to restore your liver to full function.
Following the healthy liver diet will help you to get rid of fatty liver problems – all liver problems for that matter. It is essential that you eat the right foods and avoid the wrong ones, as that will be the key to helping you recover liver function.
Got an Enlarged Liver?
Many people find that they have an enlarged liver, and the symptoms of an enlarged liver can be pain in your abdomen, your being very tired, your skin turning yellow, and the whites of your eyes turning yellow as well.
An enlarged liver can be caused by cirrhosis – basically alcohol poisoning – or it can be caused by Hepatitis, copper accumulation, fatty liver disease, cancer in your liver, or toxic hepatitis.
An enlarged liver basically signals to your body that something is not right in your liver, and so it swells up to deal with the problem.
There are medications that you can take for an enlarged liver, which are usually prescribed to deal with the problem that is causing it to swell up.
There are also a number of supplements you can take that deal with root of the problem of an enlarged liver.
Top Liver Supplements to Use in Your Fatty Liver Diet
If you have fatty liver problems – or any kind of liver problems, for that matter – there are some great liver supplements you can include in your fatty liver diet to deal with the problem.
- Milk Thistle – This plant extract helps to protect your liver and make it possible for your body to repair the damage.
- Dandelion Extract – This extract helps cleanse your liver and stimulate it to produce enough bile to get rid of all the toxins and fat cells.
- Flavonoids – These nutrients are found in all kinds of colored fruits and vegetables, and they will help to kill harmful cells in the liver and body.
- Burdock – This plant contains lots of Vitamin B and E, and it will help to repair your liver and restore it to full function.
Fatty Liver Treatment for Liver Repair
Aside from all the fatty liver diet recommendations and liver supplements, there are a few natural fatty liver treatment options and remedies that you can try for total liver repair.
- Losing weight and keeping it off
- Doing more exercise every day; at least 30 minutes
- Eating smaller meals more times a day
- Getting regular health checkups
- Treating heart, blood, and other problems that could be the cause of liver problems
- Cutting back on stress
- Quitting smoking, as well as overdrinking of alcohol and caffeine
Rather than letting this fatty infiltration of the liver cause problems, why not deal with the issues immediately?
By following a fatty liver diet, taking liver supplements, and watching your lifestyle, you can keep your liver and great shape for years to come.
What Would You Like to Read Now After This Article on Fatty Liver Diet?
Keys to a Liver Detox Diet and Healthy Liver Diet
Healthy Liver Supplements: Your Detailed Guide to a Natural Liver Cleanse Diet
Guide to a Healthy Liver Diet: Make Your Own Liver Cleansing Diet
Lots of Healthy Liver Diet Tips and Free Liver Diet Examples
In-Depth Liver Cleanse Recipe Information: The Best Natural Liver Cleansing Tips for Liver Flushing and Detox
Your Guide to a Powerful Liver Cleanse Diet: Choose the Right Kinds of Fiber, Protein, Vegetables, Fruits and Fats in Your Healthy Liver Diet
The Effective Liver Diet: Step by Step Guidelines to a Natural Liver Detox Diet
The Research-Based Liver Flush Guide: Beyond the Myths of Radical Detox Methods
The Wonder of the Milk Thistle Liver Supplement for a Natural Liver Detox
Where is Your Liver Located, What is the Function of the Liver, and Other Liver Information
Symptoms of Liver Problems – How to Know if You Need a Natural Liver Detox
Taking a Liver Function Test – Catching Symptoms of Liver Problems Early On
Go to the top of this article about Fatty Liver Diet
Go to the homepage Liver Cleansing Diet