The milk thistle liver power booster is one of the most amazing liver supplements that you can take to help you detoxify your body and keep your internal functions as free of toxins as much as possible.
Toxins are like the chewing gum in the clock gears of your body, so it is essential that you find ways to detoxify your body.
Milk thistle is one of the many things that you can take in order to cleanse out your body, and you may find that it is exactly what you need to help get rid of all those nasty toxins that are causing symptoms of liver problems like e.g. headaches and fatigue.
Why settle for exhaustion and sickness when you can take supplements like milk thistle liver detoxifying products?
Short Facts about the Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is a plant that has been used for millennia to help deal with liver problems, and it has been proven to be very effective in liver treatment.
The name of the thistle comes from the fluid that is released when the thistle’s leaves are crushed, the fluid being a sort of pale white that reminded the people who named the plant of milk.
What is the Milk Thistle Liver Detox?
The milk thistle liver detoxifying diet uses the milk thistle to help detoxify all of the chemicals and toxic garbage that accumulates in the body.
The milk thistle gets rid of this toxic sludge very effectively, and you may find that it is exactly what you need if your liver is suffering from any of the symptoms of liver damage (see below).
Even if you are just trying to stay in good health, you may want to consider the milk thistle liver detoxifying supplements, as they will help to get rid of all the harmful toxins and chemicals in your body and help restore you to good health.
Milk Thistle Liver: What Does it Do?
As already mention, the milk thistle extract has been used for millennia to help cleanse the liver, keep it healthy, and protect it from all of the toxins that tend to accumulate.
By taking the milk thistle supplement, you can help to cleanse your liver and take out the trash that is all the toxins in your body. Few other natural supplements have been proved clinically to be as effective at detoxifying the liver, helping to boost your body’s resistance to diseases and disorders of the livers.
The Function of the Liver: A Sort of Garbage Deposit That May Get Overloaded
The simple answer is that the liver is where all of the harmful toxins and chemicals go, as it is like the body’s deposit for all the garbage. When the liver gets too full of garbage, it tends to have problems.
You can start suffering from any of the negative side effects of the toxins infecting your liver, and you may end up with one of the many liver diseases if you don’t take steps to detoxify your liver and get rid of all the toxins and chemicals that are backed up in your body’s garbage disposal system.
How Milk Thistle Helps Your Liver by Dealing with Toxins
The way the milk thistle works to fight the toxins in your liver is by working with the cells of your liver to block all the toxins from entering your liver, as well as by getting rid of the toxins in other cells.
Milk thistle contains flavonoids, which is one of the best antioxidants to help get rid of toxins. Milk thistle also helps your liver by stabilizing the cell membranes, stimulating the synthesis of protein, and causing the regeneration of damaged liver tissue to happen much more quickly.
The antioxidant is effective at dealing with these toxins, both preventing them from entering the liver and getting rid of them from the rest of the body.
Wow, Milk Thistle Is not Only a Natural Liver Supplement, It Has no Real Side Effects
However, you will be thrilled to hear that there are almost no side effects from this plant. The only side effect that has been reported (in some cases) is that the person taking the milk thistle feels the urge to use the bathroom more (it is a mild laxative for some people).
However, most of the people who have participated in clinical studies and who have tried the supplement have found that there are almost no side effects, as it is a very gentle herbal remedy.
Anyone can use the milk thistle liver herb to deal with toxins in their body, even women who are either nursing or pregnant. This makes the milk thistle liver supplement an excellent one, as there are many other supplements that pregnant and nursing mothers cannot take due to the strength of the herbal remedy.
Your Liver’s Job Description in Detail
There are many reasons that the liver needs to be cleansed, the main one being that all the toxins tend to accumulate there.
The liver serves a number of functions, such as:
- Helps the blood to clot by producing the clotting factors.
- The metabolism and activation of the hormones in the body.
- The production of urea from ammonia and carbon dioxide.
- The production of heparin that prevents the blood from clotting while it is circulating through the body.
- Metabolizing toxins, such as those from alcohol.
- The breaking down of strong medications to make them easy for the body to handle.
- The production of enzymes that the body needs for digestion and all the other internal systems.
- The production and secretion of bile that is necessary for the body to digest fats.
- The filtration of the blood to remove the bacteria and toxins that get into our bodies on a daily basis.
- The conversation of proteins and carbohydrates into fats to be stored for later use by the body.
- The storage of Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and many of the minerals we consume to be used by the body at need.
- Synthesizing cholesterol and triglycerides.
- The conversion of sugar into glycogen, as well as its storage until it is needed by the muscles to be burned for energy.
As you can see, the liver is one busy organ, and it is responsible for handling all of the above processes.
However, as with all of the other organs in our body, the liver is like a finely tuned guitar, and problems will be instantly noticeable.
The Milk Thistle Liver Supplement’s Job Description in Detail
- Cirrhosis and Fibrosis
- Acute Viral Hepatitis
- Alcoholic cirrhosis
- NAFLD and NASH
- Sensitivities to toxins and the environmental pollution around us
- and many more…
These are only a few of the many diseases that can be treated with the milk thistle liver detoxifying diet, but there are other benefits that can be obtained by taking the milk thistle supplement:
- A lowering of the cholesterol, thus benefitting the heart
- A reduction of the growth of cancerous cells in most of the parts of the body
- A therapeutic agent to help deal with Alzheimer’s
- The slowing of aging thanks to the antioxidants
- The improvement of the levels of sugar in the blood
- The reduction of hot flashes and symptoms related to menopause
- The improvement of digestion and intestinal health
- The reduction of cell damage that is caused by cancer and chemotherapy treatments
Isn’t it amazing how many benefits can be obtained through a simple plant?
Combine the Milk Thistle Liver Supplement with a Liver Cleansing Diet
Another way to improve the health of your liver is by following a liver cleansing diet along with taking the milk thistle liver detoxifying supplements.
Some of the foods that you should add to your diet include:
- 1. Garlic, which helps to flush toxins from your body and activate liver enzymes.
- 2. Grapefruit, which helps the liver to produce more flushing enzymes that get rid of the toxins in the body.
- 3. Green Tea, which also contains a lot of antioxidants that are needed by the body to get rid of toxins and prevent the rapid aging of cells.
- 4. Beets, which contain lots of beta-carotene that can help to improve the overall function of your liver.
- 5. Leafy Greens, which help to neutralize heavy metals, absorb toxins, and clean out the body as effectively as possible.
- 6. Apples, which are high in pectin that flushes the digestive tract and prevents toxin overload of the liver.
- 7. Avocadoes, which help the body to produce sufficient amounts of glutathione that helps flush all the toxins from the liver.
- 8. Olive Oil, which fills the body with natural oils that are healthy and help to suck up many of the harmful toxins floating through the body.
- 9. Lemons, which contain lots of Vitamin C that the body needs to turn toxic materials into a substance that the body can flush out with excess water.
- 10. Whole Grains, which help the liver to function better, help the body metabolize fat more effectively, and help to decongest the liver.
By eating these ten foods more in your diet, you can ensure that your liver will be as healthy and toxin-free as possible.
More of the Best Liver Cleansing Herbs
In addition to the above foods, there are some great herbs for liver detoxification.
These herbs include:
- Turmeric – The amazing spice is used in Ayurvedic healing remedies, and it is very effective at cleaning out the liver.
- Cascara Sagrada Bark – This bark contains a number of oils that help the bowel movements, and the stimulation of the bowels by the herb improves the function of the liver.
- Dandelion – The root of this flower helps the liver to detoxify itself more efficiently, strengthens the walls of the arteries, and helps to improve the natural blood circulation of the body.
If you can take these herbs in your diet – along with the foods above and the milk thistle liver detoxifying supplement – you will find that your liver will be much healthier and toxin-free.
Quick Nutritional Tips to a Natural Liver Detox
If you are trying to keep your liver healthy, you may find that you don’t need all of the various supplements and products that you can find on the market. After all, your liver wasn’t created full of toxins, but you have caused the problem by eating too many toxins in your diet.
You can actually do a natural liver detox diet that will help you to flush out all of the garbage in your body, and you will find that it will be very effective in helping you to cleanse out your liver.
What does this natural liver detox entail?
- 1. Drink More Water – Water is the magic liquid that will clean out your insides. Drinking more water is the secret to overall health, but it will also promote the health of your liver specifically.
Drinking at least 3 quarts of water per day is highly recommended, though more may be better depending on your size.
- 2. Drink Less Coffee and Booze – Alcohol is the source of most of the toxins that will damage your liver, and coffee has plenty of caffeine.
If you want to cut down on the damage that you are doing to your liver, then stop drinking these strong drinks.
- 3. Eat Less Animal Protein and Fat – The cholesterol and toxins found in animal proteins and fats will do serious damage to your body in many ways, but eating a diet that is high in these substances forces your liver to deal with these problems before getting rid of the toxins.
Cut back on the amounts that you eat to give your liver a break.
- 4. Eat Fewer Foods that are Refined and Processed – All of the foods that are either refined or processed have been bleached, treated, and altered to such a state that your body cannot handle them.
They also contain chemicals and toxins that cannot be absorbed or digested by your body, so cutting back on the amount of these foods that you eat is highly recommended.
- 5. Eat More Whole and Natural Foods – A good rule of thumb is that anything that is 100% natural is excellent for your liver health, especially vegetables and fruits that are raw.
Fiber – which is found in fruits and vegetables – is especially good at getting rid of toxins. Fiber not only absorbs the toxins and cholesterol in your body, but it actually acts as a natural laxative to stimulate your body to eliminate more effectively.
If you can do these things along with taking your milk thistle liver detox supplements, you will find that your health will be greatly improved.
How to Recognize Symptoms of Liver Damage
We now know what you can do to take care of your liver, as well as what exactly your liver does.
However, how can you know that you are suffering from potential liver damage?
Are there any symptoms that can be like a smack in the face to help us wake up and realize “Hey, my liver is in serious trouble?”
Yes, there are a few symptoms, and some of them are more noticeable than others:
No. 1 of the Symptoms of Liver Problems:
Poor Digestion and Decreased Appetite
If your liver starts to have problems, it will be unable to help your body metabolize all of the fats, proteins, and carbs that you eat.
You will stop being hungry, which may cause you to lose weight drastically.
You may become anemic, which means that you can start vomiting, having the runs, and being nauseous. You may eventually start vomiting blood, which is caused by too much gastric acid in your body without enough food to absorb.
No. 2 of the Symptoms of Liver Problems:
There are two types of jaundice, but jaundice is the main sign of liver disease.
Your skin will turn yellow, and even parts of your eyes may turn yellow. Jaundice may come in a packaged deal with palpitations, thirst, constipation, distention of the abdomen, and problems with your urinary tract, along with some other very unpleasant symptoms.
No. 3 of the Symptoms of Liver Problems:
Polydypsia and Polyuria
These two words are basically fancy medical terms for being too thirsty and peeing too much. They are both common to a number of diseases, but they are usually associated with liver disorders.
No. 4 of the Symptoms of Liver Problems:
Lightly Colored Stool
When not enough bile is produced or the bile duct is blocked, the color of the stool (poop) is usually lightly colored due to the fact that the bile pigments are not being produced.
Not only does it look pretty weird, but it can indicate that the bile duct is blocked (which can lead to more serious problems)
No. 5 of the Symptoms of Liver Problems:
Distention of the Stomach
When the stomach gets bloated on the lower right side beneath your ribs, it is a sign that there is a hepatomegaly or ascites.
This can become very problematic, as it could grow and start putting pressure on your diaphragm.
What Would You Like to Read Now After This Article on Milk Thistle Liver Supplements?
Keys to a Liver Detox Diet and Healthy Liver Diet
Healthy Liver Supplements: Your Detailed Guide to a Natural Liver Cleanse Diet
Guide to a Healthy Liver Diet: Make Your Own Liver Cleansing Diet
Lots of Healthy Liver Diet Tips and Free Liver Diet Examples
In-Depth Liver Cleanse Recipe Information: The Best Natural Liver Cleansing Tips for Liver Flushing and Detox
Your Guide to a Powerful Liver Cleanse Diet: Choose the Right Kinds of Fiber, Protein, Vegetables, Fruits and Fats in Your Healthy Liver Diet
The Effective Liver Diet: Step by Step Guidelines to a Natural Liver Detox Diet
Where is Your Liver Located, What is the Function of the Liver, and Other Liver Information
Symptoms of Liver Problems – How to Know if You Need a Natural Liver Detox
Taking a Liver Function Test – Catching Symptoms of Liver Problems Early On
Fatty Liver Diet Supplements, Herbs and Foods along with Insights into the Causes of Fatty Liver
Go to the top of this article about Milk Thistle Liver Supplement
Go to the homepage Liver Cleansing Diet